Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
2022 Season Kickoff is January 8, 2022
RAPID REACTSM presented by The Boeing Company
The FIRST Robotics Competition is an international high school robotics competition created by inventor Dean Kamen and MIT Professor Woodie Flowers. Each year around the world, thousands of teams of high school students, coaches, and mentors work to build and program large robots (120+ pounds) capable of competing in that year's new game (the building season ranges from seven to ten weeks). Participants are eligible to apply for $80M+ in college scholarships.
- GRADE LEVELS: High School (9-12)
- NEW SEASON STARTS: Early January - New Game Kick-Off
- COMPETITION SEASON: March and April (“Cowtown Throwdown” Offseason Event in Fall)
- ROBOT SIZE: Large (120+ pounds)
- TEAM SIZE: Unlimited number of students
- COST: High. Approximately $5,000 for registration annually + materials and other team costs
FIRST® Robotics Competition. 4 mins; 2018
Stage 3 Activated for the first time in FRC 2020! 3 mins.